Proton T-4 LTO and Hard Drive Degausser
The Proton T-4 Hard Drive Degausser utilizes a patented “reverse polarity” electron magnetic pulse, ensuring the most complete and thorough data erasure in the industry. It is listed and approved by the NSA and DoD, complying with requirements for destroying TOP SECRET and classified information on magnetic media. In addition the T-4 meets standards set by HIPPA, FACTA, GLBA, PCI DDS and others.
- Complies with commonly recognized standards including DoD, NSA, HIPPA, PCI, GLB, DPA FACTA etc.
- Patented “reverse polarity” technology produces two erasing pulses, not one, for great assurance of complete erasure
- Top slot media insertions eliminates the need to open/close door. Minimizes the chance of operator error in accounting for erased media
- Light weight and portability enable tabletop or floor operation
- CESG approved (UK) and CE approved (EU)
- Equipped with digital cycle counter and status display
- Dual Voltage – Automatically converts between 110V and 220V; 60/50 Hz; single phase
- Accommodates all magnetic media within 1″ x 6″ x 4.3″ (2.5 x 15 x 11 cm......and includes LTO tape cartridges and most 3.5" hard drives)
- Continuous duty cycle is 45 to 60 seconds
- Operate at altitude up to 25,000 feet (7,620 meters)
- Field strength of 20,000 Gauss positive (+2 Telsa) and 20,000 Gauss negative (-2 Tesla)
Shipping within the continental US is included.