DataCare 2001 Fireproof LTO / Hard Drive Safe
DataCare Fireproof Media Safes are engineered specifically to protect information that is stored digitally on tapes or hard drives from fire, water, magnetic interference, dust, humidity and theft. These media safes withstand temperatures of 1850 degrees F. for up to two hours, providing data management professionals with confidence and the peace of mind they deserve when storing high value data.
- Tested and certified by SP Research Technical Institute in Sweden to protect data against damage from fire and heat for up to 1 hour at 1850 degrees F.
- Safely stores approximately 14 LTO tapes OR 6 3.5” hard drives (with or without “trays / sleds”).
- Additional Delivery Options
- 3 year material warranty and free lifetime replacement after exposure to fire.
- Built with double door construction (2 set of doors) and internal water resistant seals.
- Phoenix products marked as "water-resistant" are designed using internal seals and double-door construction to prevent water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers.
Weight: 108 lbs
Inside Dimensions: 9.5" × 6.25"× 7.75"
Outside Dimensions: 17" × 14" × 17.5"
Products that provide fire protection for computer media are listed on this website with the designation of “Class 125.” Tests for products designed to protect computer media range from 60 to 120 minutes in furnace-burn time, at temperatures ranging from 1700°F to 1859°F. By comparison, a typical fire lasts 20 minutes and reaches 800°F. During the fire test, the internal temperature of the product is monitored to ensure that it does not rise above a level that would endanger the computer media stored within the product. The designation tag also indicates the length of the fire test as “1 HR, 1 ½ HR, or 2 HR” and is located next to each model number.
Explosion-tested and designed to withstand temperature blasts of up to 2000°F.